What Causes a Washing Machine to Flood
More than 50% of all washing machine water damage claims can be tracked back to a supply hose failure.
These damages are a result of pinching the hose while installing or replacing resulting in a hairline crack. The supply hoses are high pressure lines and can release a large volume of water in a small amount of time. A poor connection to either the washing machine or to the supply box on the wall and the age of the hoses are also leading factors to washing machine intake hoses failing.
Other factors that lead to water damages from a washing machine are:
- Drainage issues and flooding
- Internal Leaks
Ways to prevent water damages from your washing machine are to:
- Use flexible stainless steel hoses versus the rubber hoses
- Have your supply hoses professionally installed
- Don't overload your washing machine
- Know where the shut off valve's are located to the washing machine and the main shut off to the house is located