Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Tips to do until Help Arrives
After any Water Damage Situations Always Safety First
- Is it safe to stay in the house
- Electrical and "Slip and Fall" are some prevalent concerns
- Only do Activities that are safe to perform
- Wet materials can be "Very Heavy" Be Careful!
Once we arrive on the Job SERVPRO of Des Moines NW goes in to see what all we need to do and we get things done. Our team will go above and beyond to help take the stress off of the customers. And make sure they are satisfied with how things are going.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (515) 986-3711
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.