How to Mitigate Closures for Des Moines Commercial Sites
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW understands how important it is for you and your staff to share an efficient work environment and we also know how devastating it can be to have your business close due damage from Iowa’s unexpected weather or from circumstances that feel out of your control.
Due to the ongoing covid-19 pandemic many business's are working remotely and will continue to do so well into the future. For those essential workers unable to work from home, we know the last thing they need is to deal with an issue that forces the company to close for repairs, lose out on revenue, or a loss of items directly damaged.
Undoubtedly, SERVPRO of Des Moines NW is here to help you and your staff get back to work “Like it never even happened,” but we also want you to be as prepared as possible for the harsh weather that Iowa’s seasons can bring. Preparedness will likely prevent some damage and hopefully decrease the amount of time you are out of commission.
• Frozen pipes can be disastrous, but they are often times very preventable! Make sure to do a sweep of your building and make sure all your pipes are insulated.
• Loss of power can cause an array of issues including frozen pipes, loss of production, and loss of product. We recommend having a backup generator handy.
• If you have large trees around your facility, its recommended to keep them trimmed and in good health. Tree limbs can easily be tossed around by high winds. It is a good idea to have them professionally trimmed away from rooftops, powerlines, and windows.
• Having your facility inspected annually will keep your facility up to date. Being attentive to your facility’s preservation and safety means having your furnace and AC checked, making sure the general maintenance is followed, the electric lines are in good condition, and that your roof & getters are all in working condition.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW is here to help! Preparedness and maintenance is incredibly important to a smooth-running operation. SERVPRO of Des Moines NW wants you to exceed and we want to help your staff to be minimally affected, while still having a professional looking business. Keep us in your emergency contacts at 515-986-3711.
Fire Safety Tips in Des Moines
It’s that time of year where we start cranking up the heat in our homes, and while gas furnaces are generally quite safe, they can occasionally be the cause of household fires.
So, if you heat your home with a furnace, a little precautionary preventative maintenance could increasingly help you prevent a fire when you turn up your heat this winter.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW recommends that you:
• Clean around the furnace and move any debris or stored items at least three feet away from your furnace
• Replace dirty air filters. Clogged vents/flutes can lead to fires.
• Clean the Furnace itself. Not only can grime cause overheating, but it can also prevent you from seeing any damage or susceptible problems related to your furnace
• Routinely check your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Both alarms should be installed throughout your home and routinely tested to confirm they are properly working.
• Invest in a professional maintenance checkup. A professional will be able to identify and correct any issue with your furnace. Things like incorrect pressure or a cracked heat exchanger can be properly taken care of by the professional servicing your furnace. Little things like the color of the flame can easily tell an experienced repair technician how well your furnace is functioning. So, if you can’t recall the last time you’ve gotten your furnace serviced, make an appointment this month!
These are just a few tips that your friends at SERVPRO of Des Moines NW want to give you so you can have a warm and safe winter season.
If your home has suffered fire damage, SERVPRO of Des Moines NW can help. Our staff is on call around the clock so we can start helping you get back to normal, fast. Call us at 515-986-3711 for assistance.
Why Hire SERVPRO of Des Moines NW for Your Restoration Needs? Water Mitigation
Best Equipment for Restoration-Drying
One of the many reasons we enjoy what we do is because we like to see the effective and immediate results of our service.
SERVPRO has a reputation of investing in the best restoration equipment available and providing our customers with confidence that we can restore your home or business to its "preloss" condition.
Here is a brief explanation of the drying equipment we typically use on a job:
- Air movers. Our high-speed air movers evaporate moisture at a faster pace with powerful high velocity blowers. There are three different types of air movers that we fancy.
- Axial: Axial blowers are specifically designed to force large amount of air across a wide space. These air movers only move horizontally, which makes them ideal for drying walls or top-down drying treatments on carpets.
- Centrifugal: These are a compact style of fan. They draw air from multiple sources and direct it all into a particular spot. So, as you can imagine, these are designed for spot treatments. These can often be adjusted to provide airflow in different angles, too. Some good examples of where these are most used at are in places like closets, crawl spaces, and under cabinets- anywhere hard to reach!
- Compact: These are the most compact fan of our bunch. These air movers are versatile enough to be used for an array of things- both large and small. They are smaller in size, light weight, and quieter than the centrifugal fans. While only having a ¼ horsepower motor, they still pack a punch and are able to quickly and effectively dry areas.
- Desiccant Dehumidifie Unlike refrigerant dehumidifiers that use condensation, our desiccant dehumidifiers use a silica gel wheel to pull moisture out of the air like a sponge. These machines can work in temperatures as low as 32-degree Fahrenheit! That’s a world of a difference compared to their 70-degree Fahrenheit counterpart.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW is known for having the absolute best restoration equipment money can buy. Our equipment paired with years of experience and IICRC training are just a few of the many reasons why you should turn to SERVPRO of Des Moines NW for your future mitigation and remediation needs. We are here to help for any job big or small. Put us in your emergency contacts at 515-986-3711.
Holiday Season Fire Safety Tips - Prevent Your Christmas Tree From Catching Fire
Holiday season is upon us and as the temperatures drop, the fireplaces and furnaces kick in- heightening the risk of a household fire. For many, the holiday season is also time for a Christmas tree which also pose a dangerous fire hazard to your home.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW wants to remind you and your family the importance Christmas tree responsibility. A simple spark has the potential to turn a dry Christmas tree into flames in a matter of second. Once the tree is on fire, the flames can engulf your room in under 30 seconds.
Here are some tips to keep your wonderful time of the year emergency free:
• Keep your tree at least three feet away from any heat source like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights.
• Always keep plenty of water in your tree base to limit the chances of a dry out. Water it daily! Fresh, watered trees are much less likely to catch fire.
• If you buy an artificial tree, make sure it is labeled “fire resistant”.
• Do not forget to turn your Christmas tree lights off each night! Bedtime means all light out!
• Make sure that you have properly installed Fire/smoke detectors.
Just following these simple steps can help reduce the chances of a Christmas tree disaster. We wish you a safe and happy holiday season from the SERVPRO of Des Moines NW Team.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW Fire Restoration Process
The most wonderful time of the year can also be one of the most common times for fires. Every year, on average, 160 fires start with Christmas trees. So, your friends at SERVPRO of Des Moines NW want to remind you of the importance of thinking ahead. Fires can be especially devastating to your home or business. So, although it is not enjoyable to plan for a fire, it’s crucial to have a plan of action. You don’t just need a fire escape route though; you also need an idea of which restoration company to use to be prepared if the time comes.
The staff at SERVPRO of Des Moines NW has many years of combined experience and are professionally trained to restore your home and all your salvageable contents to their pre-fire condition, making it “Like it never even happened.” We do this by the following three methods.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW understands that personal belongings can be just as important as your home itself- that is why we will clean all the salvageable contents in your home carefully and efficiently. We often can restore other damaged goods such as clothing, books and in some cases, curtains, rugs, and furniture can be cleaned and deodorized, too, by using a wet or dry-cleaning process.
After a Fire, the structural components of your home or business will likely need to be cleaned, including, carpets, walls, and subflooring. Our technicians will first establish the extent of the damage. This helps them choose the equipment and cleaning techniques best suited for your home. In some cases, mild soot buildup can be removed directly from surfaces, while in other cases, they may need to be removed or refinished.
Fires can leave behind pesky smoke odors, but it can also leave behind hazardous soot particles that may lead to health issues. Instead of using artificial fragrances to mask the odors, our staff will go to the source of the odors and remove them with air scrubbers and other odor-eliminating equipment best suited for your situation.
We at SERVPRO of Des Moines NW know fires can be stressful. That is why when you call SERVPRO of Des Moines NW, we will be as helpful as we can in explaining everything to you while being considerate & accommodating in the process. So, let us help you this holiday season. Keep us on your list of emergency contacts at 515-986-3711.
Why Hire SERVPRO of Des Moines NW for Your Restoration Needs? Introduction
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW is here to provide our customers quality restoration services.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW is conveniently located in Grimes just off of the newly developed exit to Highway 141. Our location allows us to be close by and ready to respond immediately, extending our services out to Des Moines, West Des Moines, Ankeny, Waukee and more.
We strive to be involved in our growing community and here to help at a moments notice. Here at SERVPRO of Des Moines NW, we are experienced and keep up with the latest innovations in the restoration industry to assist Des Moines area homes and business'. When homeowners try to determine the extent of their loss, they may fall short. Without the tools to properly detect the extent of their damage, significant harm to their home can go unnoticed. SERVPRO of Des Moines NW’s investment in education and innovative, high-quality tools & equipment can help you avoid the additional expenses and secondary damage.
Our technicians are adept in multiple specializations supported by the IICRC. So, you can trust us for any of your restoration or mitigation needs. Our crew sets out to accomplish the tasks fast. SERVPRO of Des Moines NW will assess the damages inside and out, and our technicians will work swiftly yet carefully knowing that inappropriate cleaning methods can make the damage worse.
Being IICRC certified, our staff at SERVPRO of Des Moines NW are knowledgeable on the expected and unexpected behaviors of fire, water, and mold, and the damage it can cause in your home. Our training and experience in mitigation & remediation guarantees that we can quickly locate and solve the problem(s) before the integrity of your home or business is compromised.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW is prepared for any size disaster. Call us today at 515-986-3711.
Snow Storm Damage Potential in Des Moines
Here in Iowa we are holding on to what remains of the fall weather, but Des Moines recently just saw its first snow fall of the year and you know what that means. With winter weather comes freezing cold temperatures and the inevitable snowfall.
Winter storms and cold weather can result in a variety of hazards to your home or business beyond an increase to the heating bill.
It's important to take the necessary steps to ensure you're prepared for the coming winter season.
• Ice: Because of its weight, accumulations of half an inch or more can cause widespread destruction and power outages. Watch out for falling tree branches and utility poles damaging property when weighed down by a wintry mix.
• Wet Snow: Much like ice accumulation, wet snow adds extra weight and stress, increasing the chance of damage to property.
• Snow on Roofs: Several feet of snow from either a single storm or the accumulation of many, can add stress to roofs- causing them to collapse or result in ice dams that prevent melting snow from exiting the roof properly. This can lead to water damage inside of homes.
• Flooding after snow: A Rapid warm-up or rain following a winter storm with an expansive snowpack can set the stage for major flooding.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW wants to help you stay safe this winter. In the event that your home or business is damaged by a storm, do not hesitate to call right away! We are always here to answer your call, day or night. Keep us in your emergency contacts at 515-986-3711.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW Helps Fraternity Keep a Covid-Free Semester
Beta Sigma Psi, an Iowa State University fraternity just finished the entire fall semester without a single case of COVID-19.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW was happy to provide a proactive COVID-19 clean for Beta Sigma Psi before it's 44 members moved into their house in August.
Our proactive, viral pathogen cleaning services included a fog of the house with a hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to COVID-19.
As a leading provider of these services, we continue to work with customers throughout the Des Moines Metro, ranging from small businesses and residential to corporations and first responders.
We were happy to see Beta Sigma Psi's accomplishment highlighted by KCCI as they continue to take responsible steps to ensure members stay healthy and safe. To read the full article visit kcci.com.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned - SERVPRO of Des Moines NW Commercial Cleaning Services
Top concern for many at the moment is the cleanliness of the places they go as the Covid-19 pandemic continues. While some organizations and businesses may not have had an employee test positive, many have asked us to help them prepare and maintain a clean environment for the safety of their staff and customers.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW is made up of highly-trained and certified staff.
SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in decontamination to the standards set by the Centers for Disease Control.
Don't just trust anyone! We specialize in the cleaning different surfaces and environments with our very own disinfectant which is EPA registered, NSF certified carries the EPA's lowest toxicity rating.
Let SERVPRO of Des Moines NW Help You Maintain a Sanitized Environment.
SERVPRO of Des Moines NW can sanitize your home and business with proactive or reactive cleaning. We’ve had an opportunity to assist a number of different businesses from varying industries in the Des Moines Metro including:
- Retail Spaces
- Government Facilities
- Warehouses and distribution facilities
- Corporate Office Spaces
We understand that not all businesses are the same. We tailor a cleaning program based on the unique needs of each facility.
Interested? Given us a call today at 515-986-3711. We're locally owned & operated and available 24/7.
SERVPRO Handles All Stages of Fire Damage, Including Debris Removal
The professionals at SERVPRO Des Moines NW are trained to provide a multi-level response to fire damage, including fire and smoke restoration, odor control, upholstery and fabric cleaning.
Additionally, our company offers debris removal services. SERVPRO prides itself on providing our customers with an all-inclusive solution during difficult times, such as in the aftermath of a fire.
Why Debris Removal Requires a Call to Professionals
Contrary to what one might think, cleaning up after a fire is not simply a matter of wiping up dirt and ash or collecting damaged belongings. The residues left by a fire can emit toxic fumes and physical contact with soiling and rubble can cause irritation or bodily harm. As a result, professionals are needed to sort, bag and discard fire debris.
Our certified and experienced SERVPRO team, equipped with top-of-the line products and cleaning equipment, provide safe, effective and lawful clean-up and disposal services. Our technicians will complete your job in a timely manner, implement environmental safeguards and minimize any health risks.
Protecting Against Airborne Residues
First, it is essential to restrict hazardous airborne and settled residues, as well as damaged building materials and contents. To do this, our SERVPRO technicians seal off the workspace using negative pressure air scrubbing technology. The air scrubber will direct contaminated air through HEPA filters and vents to the outdoors.
Our team members also dress in personal protective equipment (PPE) for safety purposes, as well as to avoid tracking fire debris through the rest of your home or business.
As a result of chemical reactions caused by a fire, there are countless toxic substances that SERVPRO technicians encounter. Our crew collects and packs the charred and melted items into designated containment receptacles. There is an array of items that are contained, including drywall, woodwork, household goods, flooring and other contents— essentially, any item that cannot be restored due to severe damage.
Our professionals are well-versed in the local and state requirements dictating debris removal, which will serve to protect you from violations or citations during this process.
Housing construction in the area may pre-date the current codes governing lead paint, asbestos and other hazards. As a result, SERVPRO professionals keep an eye out for these dangerous materials during the initial assessment and procure certified removal of these substances during the debris removal process.
Additionally, our trained technicians are continuously on the lookout for any structural weaknesses that may have been caused by the fire.
Call SERVPRO of Des Moines NW today to make sure every step of your response plan is expertly handled, including clean up and debris removal following a fire. We are available day or night to take your call. Contact us at (515) 986-3711.