Identify and Remove Mold in the Workplace
No one wants to see mold, whether it is at home or work. If you detect this fungus in your Des Moines metro office building, do not wait to get rid of it. Mold removal is a critical process. That is why SERVPRO of Des Moines NW wants to give you some tips when dealing with it. The more you understand about what goes into this effort and how it will impact your day-to-day operations, the more prepared you will be.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. Widespread mold requires the expertise of a professional mold remediation company. You could inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home or business. Here is what to do:
- Stay out of affected areas
- Turn the HVAC system and any fans off
- Contact professional mold remediation services
What not to do:
- Do not touch or disturb the mold
- Do not blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth
- Do not attempt to dry the area yourself
With diligent efforts, you can prevent mold growth in your building, too. This fungus can grow and spread rapidly once it gets into the ideal environment. These are some problems that you should monitor and acknowledge to prevent mold growth:
- Leaky or broken pipes
- Poor ventilation in basements, laundry facilities, and bathrooms
- Failure to promptly clean up water spills and damage
Our professional team has the experience, skill, and equipment to thoroughly & effectively get rid of mold and clean the affected area.
You should not have to take care of mold removal on your own. Enlist in the help of trained professionals who will make it “Like it never even happened.” Put SERVPRO of Des Moines NW on your emergency contact list today at 515-986-3711.